Saturday, September 15, 2012

Worlds Greatest DJ

Back in 2007, I saw a video on youtube of a young boy (about 13 years old) djing and scratching on turntables. I subscribed to the account and watched all of this guys videos. I got the idea to do a little stop motion piece about a robot DJ who used batteries (skills) to get better at scratching and turntablism. I got in contact with the account holder, who ended up being the boys dad, and asked if i could use the audio to put together a quick test. He allowed it and also asked if his son could put together a video for the film. "Out of the crystal clear blue", hadn't even shot anything yet. Found out that his son was into stop motion so i told him about software and stikfas and he delivered a video of his son doing some dope scratching on the 1's and 2's. I started storyboarding, did a few test and began designing and putting together massive sets for this short film.



Rough Animatic


No comments:

Post a Comment